The Core Instructor course is a prerequisite for:
• All AHA Instructor candidates
• AHA Instructors adding other disciplines to their teaching credentials
• AHA National and Regional Faculty, and Training Center Faculty
The course is also an option for:
• Current AHA Instructors who want to enhance their teaching skills
The course content is based on an adult learning model where participants view a scenario, compare teaching principles, and determine which skills need to be enhanced to make training effective.
• Through 20 modules, the course teaches these five general competencies identified by the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction (IBSTPI):
• Professional Foundations
• Planning and Preparation
• Instructional Methods and Strategies
• Assessment and Evaluation
• The course also includes two modules from the American Heart Association:
• Cultural Sensitivity
Participants receive a Certificate of Completion after successfully completing the course.
Instructor candidates must first align with an AHA Training Center accepting new Instructors. The Training Center will provide an authorized code to purchase course materials or the online course key.
Participants complete a series of interactive lessons.
80-1050 - Core Instructor Course Package*
*Package includes student manual and CD; Instructor Network Code required for purchase.